EMPLOYEE AND TRAINING DEVELOPMENT
So what is employee and training development?
For the most part employee development is intentional, and is taken to improve the productivity of someone working at a job!
Like I always tell people; “you are your greatest resource!” This means it doesn’t matter if your company trains you regularly or not! What self development programmes have you invested in?
And training development? I guess your HR department would bother more about this because here trainings have to be decided upon based on series of assessments of performance indicators. And the best training is developed.
I have outlined 5 tips about employee and training development
- Don’t ever stop your development: keep learning and it doesn’t have to be just the technical stuff, even simple things like expanding your vocabulary keep you mentally alert.
- Your development is not the HR’s sole responsibility: The human resource department have a responsibility to keep your skills relevant to the company, but it’s also your responsibility! By adding value to yourself, you show others you are worthy of added investment
- Self esteem and confidence of employees can be greatly enhanced by quality trainings, they perform better and this in turn leads to even more confidence!
- Better team performance: Can you imagine the synergy that can be achieved in a well trained team? Similar to a well trained military unit, so much can be achieved. One of the ways to get the most of your team is to have the members undergo relevant training, this way individual efforts get multiplied
- Take advantage of technology: Online courses, audio books, webinars, there are a host of tools available nowadays to keep you well informed and on top of your chosen career. There’s so much to learn and readily available too
Employee and training development is a joint venture between you and your employer, and the best part is what you learn can never be taken away from you.